The Berkshire Eagle
February 13, 2023
2nd Street Second Chances will be offering weekly walk-inhours for formerly incarcerated persons from 1 to 3 p.m. beginning onThursday. The program is located at 264 Second St. in Pittsfield.
The free sessions will provide formerly incarcerated persons advice on thefollowing topics:
• How to appropriately interact with law enforcement to avoid escalation.
• What information about a criminal record must be shared with prospectiveemployers.
• What information about a person’s criminal history is required to bedisclosed to a landlord.
• Whether a criminal record may be sealed or expunged.
• The impact of criminal records on securing affordable housing and/oremployment, and whether Community Legal Aid (CLA) can be of assistance
CLA provides free civil legal services to low-income and elderly residents ofCentral and Western Massachusetts. Information: